Sorry for the lack of updates recently! We've been busy with a trip out of town and Halloween. We enjoyed a nice long weekend trip to Jekyll Island for the Georgia-Florida game last weekend. Four couples and five children in a big beach house for four days - it was chaotic all the time, but really fun. Shelby enjoyed having so many other little people around and they all kept each other occupied. It was actually sort of nice! I can see why people want siblings for their children, but I just need an older sibling for Shelby... do you think I can borrow a 6 year old for times I need to keep Shelby entertained? :) On our first day there, we went for a long bike ride around the island and Shelby really seemed to like riding on the baby seat, but she did not like the helmet very much at all!
Monday was Halloween and we took Shelby around to about five or six houses for a practice run on trick or treating. She couldn't say "trick or treat" yet, but she did take a few pieces of candy and really enjoyed marching up and down the sidewalks and checking out everyone's pumpkins.
We are continuing to transition out of the last remnants of babyhood. We finally moved her out of her baby tub this week and bathed her in the big tub. She bathed in a regular tub on vacation and seemed to enjoy the freedom, although her slipping and sliding around makes me nervous! We bought a water spout cover and tub mat so hopefully she won't hurt herself. Her current favorite bath time activity is to ask me to put some baby wash on her hands and then she washes my face. It's very cute, but I should really give her some of my facial cleanser next time!
We also took the tray off of her high chair and pushed it up to the table so she can eat with us. She doesn't really enjoy being strapped in anymore and I don't know how this will work out. Eating has become somewhat of a battle lately - especially getting her to sit still and focus on eating instead of playing. I don't know why, because she does fine at school and they sit at little tables there. Maybe we will try that approach at home as well and buy a little table and chair for our dining room. I think it's just more of her exerting her independence - it's the theme of her life these days! She wants to do everything herself!
0 comments:
Post a Comment